Here for Us MontCoMarch 8, 2021
Code Red: Join the AlertPA notification system for emergency and weather related alerts, health notifications, building alerts, and other updates from commonwealth and federal agencies.
- Bucks County: Click here for a list of Cooling Locations, updated by the Bucks County Emergency Services Division. Contact Ashley Isola, firstname.lastname@example.org, in the Emergency Services Department with Code Red Declaration questions.
- Montgomery County Code Red Plan. The Department of Public Safety is responsible for recommending Code Red Hot Weather Health Warnings to the County Commissioners based on monitoring of National Weather Service forecasts. A Code Red Hot Weather Health Warning is issued in anticipation of an oppressively hot air mass with a heat index of 100ºF or greater. Such conditions have been associated with excess mortality, and residents should take precautions to prevent heat-related stress and exhaustion. A Code Red is typically called for an eight (8) hour duration (usually from 12 pm to 8 pm each day during the Code Red).
- Emergency Shelter: Individuals should call the Bucks County Housing Link, 1-800-810-4434, with direct referrals to Street Outreach. The Call Center is staffed Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday from 8:30am-7:30pm and Tuesday from 8:30am until 4:30pm. Voicemail is available 24/7 and calls will be returned promptly.
- COVID-19 Housing Resources & Support: The Bucks County Emergency Rental Assistance Program (BERA) provides rental and utility assistance to eligible Bucks County tenants impacted by COVID-19. Both tenants and their landlords are encouraged to apply – either party can start the application. The BERA flyer is available here!
- Emergency Shelter: Households in need of emergency shelter should call the Your Way Home Call Center by dialing 2-1-1 or texting their zip code to 898-211.
- Access Services‘ Street Outreach and Mobile Crisis teams and 2-1-1 collaborate frequently to confirm County and faith-based shelter availability.
- COVID-19 Housing Resources & Support: Your Way Home Emergency Rent and Utility Coalition. Persons living in Montgomery County who have experienced a COVID hardship and are in need of rent and/or utility assistance should call 2-1-1 or text your zip code to 898-211. For a household to be eligible for the ERUC program, it must meet program requirements listed on the Your Way Home ERUC site. View the ERUC flyer in English or Spanish.
Access Services has created an Amazon Wish List for clothing and gear that best meets the needs of individuals who are street homeless.
Legal Aid of Southeastern PA: CDC Eviction Moratorium: “The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) eviction moratorium ends July 31, 2021. Announced June 24, this moratorium extension will help connect tenants with existing funding for rent and utility assistance programs. If you are behind on rent and/or utility payments due to COVID-19, apply now for help! Funds are available in Pennsylvania but it takes time to process applications. Learn more and get links!”
- LASP’s Helpline hours are 9am-1pm, Monday-Friday.
- Click here for the eviction moratorium declaration form available in 26 languages.
- Visit the Legal Aid of SEPA website for updates and resources.