- In Montgomery County, households in need of emergency shelter should call the Your Way Home Call Center by dialing 2-1-1 or texting their zip code to 898-211. Households may also go directly to Code Blue shelters on declared Code Blue nights.
- Access Services‘ Street Outreach and Mobile Crisis teams and 2-1-1 collaborate frequently to confirm the county and faith-based shelters that can accommodate individuals for Code Blue weather declarations.
- In Bucks County, individuals should call the Bucks County Housing Link, 1-800-810-4434, with direct referrals to Street Outreach. The Call Center is staffed Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday from 8:30am-7:30pm and Tuesday from 8:30am until 4:30pm. Voicemail is available 24/7 and calls will be returned promptly.
- When open, individuals can get into the Code Blue Shelter at the Quakertown Masonic Lodge (501 W. Broad Street) from 8:30-11:00pm. If you need further information on the ministries of Advocates for the Homeless of Upper Bucks, please contact Pastor Dave Heckler at 570.470.0716. Pr Dave regularly sends updates about the Shelter opening. The hotline # is 267.450.5191.
Warming & Day Stations Needed
If your organization has identified unused/underused spaces that are already open in some fashion and may, with some coordinated support, serve as a day space for people to get inside, warm up, charge their devices and ultimately be paired with food and laundry, please contact Mark Boorse, Director of Program Development, Access Services.
Clothing & Gear List
Access Services has created an Amazon Wish List for clothing and gear that best meets the needs of individuals who are street homeless. View the list here or click here to join the Facebook group.
Faith-Based Organizations Interested in Setting Up Code Blue Shelters
- If you are interested in setting up or learning more about being a FBO code blue shelter please contact Mark Boorse at Access Services.
- To receive assistance in health and safety planning with a Montco Public Health staff member for your FBO Code Blue Shelter contact Jim Walters and you will be connected to the Montco Office of Public Health.
- Every Friday at 8:30am there is a virtual call with faith based organizations interested in providing assistance. To join, please email Jim Walters.
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has extended the ban on residential evictions through June 30, 2021 for nonpayment of rent. Visit the Legal Aid of SEPA
website for updates and resources. Click here
for the declaration form available in 26 languages.