Child Guidance Resource Centers
- Discover your North Stars. Read article
- Resources for talking sexuality with adolescents with autism and disabilities. Read article
- Love is an Action. Read article
- Journaling: Learning the Better You. Read article
- Family Meetings. Why You Should Start & How To Make Them Fun. Read article
- Early Signs of Autism in Children. Read article
- Tips for managing burnout and exhaustion during difficult times. Read article
- Click here for the CGRC blog and more articles and reflections
Early Learning Resource Center (ELRC) Region 17 provides a single point-of-contact for Montgomery County families, early learning service providers, and community members looking to gain information and access services that support high-quality child care and early learning programs, including Child Care Works, Pennsylvania’s child care subsidy program. Learn more here. Click here for the ELRC March 2021 newsletter.
Family Services of Montgomery County, Pottstown Family Center
- Parents as Teachers. Free child development program with open enrollment to families anytime prenatally through Kindergarten. Resources to help strengthen your child’s development. Virtual visits to provide support to parents, grandparents, and caregivers. Contact PAT@fsmontco.org to sign up.
- Connecting with Dads. Offering monthly Dad Cafes. Have questions, including upcoming dates? Email email@example.com.
The Giving Tree. Visit the Giving Tree website for the Kindness Cafe Blog, Service Kit ideas and projects, and ways for children and families to help others, such as the initiative: Neighborhood Service Leaders. Engage children in service and community!
- Take-Home Service Kits. Focused on food insecurity and the homeless community, these projects will benefit the most vulnerable individuals during this spring season.
- Learn more about the #MontcoServes Campaign, with the goal to provide a service project to every elementary and middle school in Montgomery County PA over the next 2 years!
- Check out their 2020 Gratitude Report which shows how families and volunteers found ways to give and serve during the pandemic.
North Penn YMCA. As the pandemic continues, and online-learning serves as a critical pathway for education, the Y continues to offer full-day child care and educational support for students in the North Penn, Souderton Area, and Perkiomen Valley School Districts. Learn more.
PCCY launched the PA Charter Performance Center, which seeks to improve the quality of education, especially for at-risk students, by producing unbiased, accurate and timely information that will build momentum for the adoption of sound state-level charter school policy. Learn more by visiting the website, or contacting the Center Director, ML Wernecke, firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEWLY RELEASED: Read the PCCY report, No More Dreams Deferred, Building an Education System that Works for Black and Hispanic Students in the Philadelphia Suburbs.
Child Health Watch Helpline helps families get health insurance for free and in most languages.
The Helpline is for parents:
- Who have lost their jobs and are worried about losing health coverage for their children and themselves
- Are concerned with the costs of testing and treatment of COVID-19
- With any questions about CHIP or Medicaid coverage
- With language interpretation needs
Please help spread the word to families:
Senior Adults for Greater Education (S.A.G.E) offers a free training library of resources to support students with math, reading, writing and virtual learning. Click here to access their library.